• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

NEED HELP: First time pregnant with Crohn's, looking for great OBGYN

Hello!
I am in search of a great OBGYN in the Chicagoland area that has some experience dealing with high risk pregnancies and preferably Crohn's disease. I have Crohn's and just want to find a doctor that is knowledgeable about what is best for me and my baby throughout the pregnancy. I live in Elk Grove Village so I am looking for a doctor that is in the suburbs relatively near me (Schaumburg, Elmhurst, Arlington Heights etc.)! Thanks in advance for your help!
Jan

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Sorry I don't know of a good OBGYN anywhere and don't live in that area but I do know that it's extremely important to have a really good GI during that time so your Crohn's can be properly treated/managed during pregnancy so both you and your baby can stay healthy. Do you have a good GI?

Welcome to the forum Jan33, sorry for the late reply and multiple thread moves. :)