• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need Help In Austin!!

Hi guys,
I have Crohn's (sick at 8 dx at 13) and am 23 years old. Jan 2013 I began what has been one of the worst/longest flares I have had with out being able to manage it fully. I started seeing a new (adult no longer pediatric doctor) and we decided to take me off 6MP and entocort and start me on Humira since i was no longer maintaining in July of last year. It was great for a few months I felt good and my symptoms almost all went away. By Nov however I was still having light stomach pain, it was decided that I would try a pro-biotic which kicked off a very runny stool stint :poo: which has not stopped as of yet (this is abnormal for me as I have always been constipated) but the stomach pains did go down some. I stopped the pro-biotic soon there after and then in Jan was put back on 8wks entocort with the humira since I was still showing inflammation. During all of this I was offered and Internship opportunity in Austin TX (out of my home state and way far away from my support system (except my boyfriend) and doctor) I have since moved to TX. My problem and what I could use advise on fromm you guys is, since I am only working part time because of my internship I cant pay for insurance (even though the market place wiht the much cheaper prices) and TX didnt do the Medicaid expansion (which I qualify for). My symptoms have gotten worse, and I am running low on entocort. Of course as a long time patient very up to date with my med records and doctors I know my doctors next step was going to be to put me on 6MP 50mg with the Humira but I dont have a doctor or RX in Austin. I could really use help or suggestions on where to go for community care or a GI who takes on low income patients.