• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need help!!!!!!!! Please!!!

My name is Hannah. I am 16 years old. I was diagnosed about a year ago with Crohn's Disease. I need some help. I got checked for inflammation a couple of weeks ago and I didn't have any. But I recently broke up with my boyfriend and ever since then I have had excruciating pain around my belly button. I went to the ER and they gave me some morphine (which only helped for a few minutes). They checked me for inflammation again and I had one marker of inflammation so they sent me home with Hydrocodone. It helped at first but it doesn't help anymore. When I get a pain, it's deep and sharp and it makes me out of breath. It also makes me feel achy and it makes me feel TERRIBLE! Someone please help me. I need to know what to do. (My Crohn's is in my ileum by the way).

How did you get checked for inflammation? Blood markers? Colonoscopy? You need to go to your GI and tell them all this and ask they'll prescribe a course of action. Likely a course of prednisone or budesonide and a change in your medication.

The maximum safe dose of prednisone is 70mg a day, there's room to escalate. If there's nothing on the MRE you need to talk about a colonoscopy, sometimes inflammation is devilishly hard to find.

The secondary effects of gastric inflammation can easily lead to pain powerful enough to require serious opiates, as a 16 year old they'd die of laughter before letting you near a prescription for something like Tapetanadol or any other real pain drug. The most you can do is avoid stress, eating problem foods, and continuing your treatment. I've got to emphasize the first one, stress plays a big role in making pain worse for a lot of people.

You could try practicing mindfulness, that's meditation stripped of any religious procedure. Working on controlling your mind can help a lot.

I know how you feel, it's really hard sometimes. When I get bad enough not even my fiancee can touch me, as sweet and gentle as she is. :( But learning how to control yourself and learning your triggers helps so much.