• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need help with poopin after Hysterectomy..

Ok so I had my hysterectomy Friday. Went to the bathroom Saturday #2 because I flet like I had to go so they gave me a suppository and it worked. Now what do I do I feel like I have to go but cant and dont want to get backed up.

Take a stool softener like colace. They should have prescribed you some post surgery to take the pressure off your abdomen when you poop. Anesthetic can really slow things down for a couple weeks. You can buy colace over the counter. Take it every day with lots of fluids. It may take a day or two to work but dont force it.

Ok so I had my hysterectomy Friday. Went to the bathroom Saturday #2 because I flet like I had to go so they gave me a suppository and it worked. Now what do I do I feel like I have to go but cant and dont want to get backed up.
Mary - Do you know what they gave you as a suppository? Glycerin suppositories are available over the counter, and are pretty effective for "on demand" relief. The colace is a good idea as well, but again it is a stool SOFTENER, and won't stimulate a movement by itself. Are you taking prescription pain medication (an opioid), which is constipating? If so, regular use of Miralax, which is generally fairly gentle, while on the constipating drugs may be a good idea.