• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need help

Hi guys, I was diagnosed with probable Crohns in January. In may I had an abscess and got it drained. Within two weeks I had a fistula and got a draining seton inserted. I was a bit uncomfortable for the first 2 days but became used to it much quicker than I thought. Last week, I started getting really foul smelling discharge and started paining a lot. Went to my surgeon and he said the seton should come off. Yesterday had a surgery to remove the seton. Now they have left the wound open. It’s slightly painful. But I’m more worried about the bleeding. It’s not a lot but I’m bleeding almost all the time. It’s only been a day. But can anyone tell me if its normal to bleed ? Thanks a lot.

nogutsnoglory

It is normal to bleed slightly for 1-3 days or so after surgery. They cut around your sensitive tissue. Anything excessive though is a sign something is wrong and you need to goto the ER.

If you are worried please give your doc a call or if he isn't around or reachable on the weekend, you might just go to the ER and ask there.