• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need help

I have crohns since 1976 it seems to be in remission but I still get flare ups another thing all those yrs I have become addicted to pain medication of all kinds so a few years back I enrolled in a methodone program which has helped me very much I have been clean for 12 yrs anybody have this experience also. anyway my son died a couple months ago because of alcohol drank himself to death I wake every night crying from the nightmares that it was my fault anyway I have told my docter and he recommends Prozac but before I start I want to know anyone out there have similar problem if so what other meds might be good for my terrible depression . please help me with info and ill pass it onto my docter and see if will work for me ty xavier

You might want to talk through your feelings with a psychologist, before trying meds and if you do decide to take meds, I'd recommend that you see a psychiatrist.

My son saw a psychologist, then a psychiatrist and for a few months took Zoloft. It may have helped his mood, but it may have just been that he was physically feeling better. He didn't want to stay on the Zoloft though and stopped taking them, with drs okay.

Lately, his mood is pretty good, when he feels good, physically.