• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

NEED HUMIRA ADVICE... 22 Female in Tons of Pain

Hi My name is Randi Benavides. I recently DECEMBER OF 2012 became aware that Remicade Was deemed ineffective for me. I got a good 13 years out of the infusions and now my body decided to reject the medicine. I got admitted to the hospital on may 6th and discharged on may 15th because I had a really bad flare up with my crohns disease as well as a c diff infection that had been in my body for so long that it became a serious problem. I just last Thursday started my humira injections and am wondering how long before I start to noticie results if any??? im on a pain management regimen right now due to my disease acting up from not having any gi maintenance from December until may but I wanna believe that this humira is working.. im still in a great amount of pain..

appendectomy @ 5 months pregnant' November 2009
Csection December 2009.. ( Healthy Baby Boy 3 lbs 11 oz)
Colon Resection January 2009 (1 ft of small intestine Removed)

Any advice about this medicine would be greatly appreciated

TrulyBlessed

It is similar to Remicade as it varies for every patient. Some can respond in as little as a day or two, others take a few injections or more to respond.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
With Humira I noticed a change within 2 weeks. For others it can take a few months. Feel free to check out the Humira subforum and join the Humira support group and talk to others who are currently taking Humira: http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=6500. I hope it works for you soon. Keep us posted on how you're doing. :)

nogutsnoglory

You may notice changes relatively quickly but the 3 month mark is a good time to run blood tests to see if your inflammatory markers went down.