• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need inspiration

Hi all I have Crohn's disease and found this out about 1 an a half year ago I was pregnant at the time 21 weeks and went down ill I had my boy at 28 weeks in the 7 weeks before this I was kept in the Hdu in my local hospital I was moved to a different hospital at 28 weeks to have my baby to wake up in intensive care and told I almost died in theatre anyway to cut long story short I've been through hell and back my son thankfully survived and I was left with a jejostomy bag for almost 2 years it was hell I was in and out of hospital on more morphine than I care to remember and it affected my 4 children deeply I'm reversed now and so far so good I'm livin my life enjoying my children and to be honest unaware what will happen when I have a flare up but I'm sure il know the day it happens but not thinking about that til it comes I'm lookin for an inspirational quote to have tattooed on me a symbol of what I have gone through,got through and achieved if anyone has any suggestions would be grateful
Thanks so much for taking the time to read my post Charlene xx

Hi Charlene and welcome. I am glad to hear that you and your son is doing much better now. I know that must have been scary delivering him so early. I do not have any suggestions as far as the tattoo goes but I did want to welcome you to the family.

If you dont mind me asking what medication are you taking right now to keep you in remission?

Thanks for welcoming me this is a fantastic site where everyone can freely talk about there conditions knowin that others understand.

At the moment I'm takin azathioprine this is the only medication I have tried obviously I didn't know I had crohns until all the drama with pregnancy well later than that actually middle of 2011 I found out I had it just as I was about to be told a date for my jejostomy reversal so I've been taking this about 2 months know.

Thanks for the message and sleep in touch x