• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need some advice please :depressed:

Hiya
I have just joined this forum as I'm looking for some help & to talk to people who are going through the same as myself.....
I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease/Ulcerative Colitis nearly 13 yrs ago (when i was just 16) & then diagnosed with Fibromyalgia nearly a year ago....unfortunately I am also under investigations for MS.
My doctors have never properly managed my Crohn's which is a total nightmare for me, i just feel like I am constantly being put on more and more medication which I now feel dont even work as I've been on them sooooo long but they dont change me to anything else as they say "oh we dont really want to start changing things up incase it makes u worse" which is a joke as sometimes I feel like it cant get any worse!!! I understand that medication wont ever make me completely better but I feel I am really struggling to deal with everything, especially with having Fibromyalgia which just makes the pain 100 times worse!! I just feel like I am going round and round in circles and getting nowhere :frown:
Is there anyone else out there who is suffering the same and have any advice for me??

No experience with fibromyalgia here, but just wanted to say I agree that you should get a second opinion from a different gastroenterologist. They should be taking your symptoms more seriously.

I also can tell you that I have been struggling with depression and anxiety lately....and I'm having a hard time figuring out if its from my medication or from being overwhelmed with life and my diagnosis or just plain me having anxiety. But it stinks....and I'm too stubborn to ask a doctor about it because I don't want to be put on any MORE medication. I don't know what you're going through, because I don't have fibromyalgia...but it sounds difficult and I'm sorry.

Don't be afraid to seek help from people on here...I have found some very helpful answers and advice from these smart people! We're all here for you! Good luck! :hug: