• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need some advice please

Does anyone get a "flushed "look on your face? I have been getting really red on my cheecks, left arm and chest that feels hot. I currently am on B -12 shots once a month, remicade every 8 weeks. 65 Mg of iron twice a day, caltrate 600 twice a day, 50 Mg savella twice a day, 20 Mg prilosec once a day, 10 Mg clariton once a day, 50 Mg metoprolol twice a day and 5 Mg besylate once a day. Any suggestions? I am seeing my gastro Dr on 10/8 about this and my joint pain. The "flushing " looks and feels like a sunburn but comes and goes. :sign0085:

does it itch or swell any? does it seem to happen after a certain med or food you eat? it could be some type of allergic reaction.

I get that look, but it is because I am on prednisone. My face is a little puffy and gets flushed and red a lot.

Does anyone get a "flushed "look on your face? I have been getting really red on my cheecks :sign0085:
ddevanie, that has been happening to me for as long as I can remember. Even in the winter time people sometimes ask me if I was out in the sun or on vacation.

It also comes and goes with me too and Sometimes it's more pronounced than others.

I haven't been able to correlate its appearance with anything specific trigger.

Sometimes, I can feel it burn but at its worst it's only slightly annoying but for the most part, I am usually unaware of it until someone else mentions it to me.

Have you noticed any other unusual symptoms? Even anything unrelated?

I have UC that was diagnosed in the 90's, a-fib and elevated CK enzymes.

meds:

Azathiprine
Lialda
Toprol XL
HCTZ
omeprazole
B-12
zetia
Welchol

Last edited:
It can last anywhere from a hour to several hours and I don't have any other unusual symptoms except for the joint pain and it happens even when I am not on prednisone. Hopefully I will get answers on the 8th. Thanks for the support it is nice to know others get this too. It can be a little embarrassing when it happens at work and people keep asking if you are sick.