• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need some advice

I was dx with crohn's disease last year. For the past 4 days, I have had lots of nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain. I am currently taking Pentasa, tramadol, promethazine. I went to the ER last night and they performed a CT scan of my abdomen. I was also dehydrated and they gave me 2 bags of saline. My potassium was low as well. The scan and blood work was normal this time, but I am still experiencing these horrible symptoms. I have vomited twice today (after meals) and had just the most painful bowel movement of my life. Any advice would help!

If you are in that much pain, i would go back to the ER and demand further testing. Just because your bloods came back okay, doesn't mean that something is not going on. Sometimes a CT doesn't show narrowing and things like that for some odd reason. I had a small bowel follow through that finally showed my stricture and partial obstruction.

I'm not trying to scare you! But if you are having a lot of pain and vomiting, unless that is normal for you, there is something that is not right.