• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need some encouragement

Hey guys,

It's me again. Just feeling down today and don't know how to pick myself up.

The past days, I have been having bad headache, usually when I first wake up. And I was having bad acid reflex for months. I tried to avoid taking medicine and tried all the home remedies but doesn't seem to help. I finally took Nexium that was prescribed by GI. I am still experiencing the right quadrant pain that started like six months ago. Colonoscopy and endoscopy was done, there was an ulcer in ileum and some inflammation. Pill cam was done two months ago and GI said it was normal so I am not taking any meds right now. I msged my GI about the pain and he usually get back to me within few days but this time he didn't so I just called the office and the receptionist told me that he requested a ct scan of the abdominal and pelvis but waiting for insurance approval. I am kind of nervous and scare about getting a ct scan because of the radiation.

i am just so frustrated because my GI was like i don't have crohn and just inflammation of the small intestine. But i just don't know why I am still having the pain and not healing. and my headache is not helping me feel any better today.....I am at work and just want to go to the bathroom and cry myself out...:cry:

Last edited:
I suffer from chronic migraines as well as severe acid reflux. One of my neurologists believes that reflux can cause migraines, so he upped my dose of dexilant to 60mg twice a day instead of once. It really helped my reflux and seems to be helping my migraines, but they've been intractable for nearly 20 years so at this point I figure I'll die with a headache!

i think the CT scan is a good idea. It should show inflammation and perhaps give you some answers. Are you still taking Pentasa?

I suffer from chronic migraines as well as severe acid reflux. One of my neurologists believes that reflux can cause migraines, so he upped my dose of dexilant to 60mg twice a day instead of once. It really helped my reflux and seems to be helping my migraines, but they've been intractable for nearly 20 years so at this point I figure I'll die with a headache!

i think the CT scan is a good idea. It should show inflammation and perhaps give you some answers. Are you still taking Pentasa?
It didn't occur to me that reflux could be the cause of migraine. Not sure what is the cause of my reflux since my endoscopy result was normal.

So sad, my nurse just called me and said my insurance didn't approve my CT scan. My GI said he will appeal for me.

I stopped taking the Pentasa since it didn't seem to help with my pain. Currently not taking any medication for the pain. For the headache, I know I shouldn't take NSAID, what other option do I have? I tried tylenol before but it doesn't help at all.

You said your pill cam was normal and you stopped taking medicine. You may ask about going back on thr medicine. There could be damage going on in your body. You know yout body better than the doctor. Keep pushing thr doctor until you get sstisfactory answers. Sending support.

I know your GI said you don't have Crohn's after the pill cam but my advice to you would be to keep an open mind. Misdiagnosis of Crohn's is common even for experts when it is staring them in the face. I hope you don't have Crohn's but an ileal ulcer and inflammation makes it a real possibility.