• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need some ideas!!

I'm currently on my second round of moviprep and I swear to God I cannot drink all this. It's absolutely disgusting. I'm chasing it with cordial which is making marginally easier but I know I can't get the whole lot down.

I'm tired, hungry and feeling so peed off.. how can I get this down??

Gianni

Yeah, its awful. Its something you just have to tough out. If you feel like you are actually going to vomit then take a longer break between drinking it again while you slowly sip water.

I was told to try mixing it with something else - apple juice for instance. Found I couldn't drink apple juice for a while afterwards. Good luck on your prep.

Oh I feel for you. I was admitted as an inpatient in Feb and they tried to give me Moviprep even though I was already vomiting. Just couldn't get enough of it down me. So they gave me enemas until I was clear. I was feeling so awful I cried!
Don't think they do enemas for day patients though.

scottsma

Use a drinking straw ? That way you can avoid the tongue so therefore the taste.
I would try very hard to get through it,it's the worst part of a colonoscopy,I think.If you're not "clear" they might send you home to try another day.Good Luck.

I agree with Scottsma...the drinking straw has helped me a great deal the last few scopes I have had. Still bulks up on me somewhat, but the taste is far less invasive. Good luck!