• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need to vent, feeling low

Today is day 24 of constant 20+ times a day diarrhea 😔 My flair got complicated by C-Diff. Last stool sample showed the c-diff as being clear and gone. On Tuesday my GI started me on 40 prednisone for a month and then taper. I do ok during the day (well with wearing my depends, and not eating so I can function at work), but the nights are rough. I,m Up 10-15 times with extreme D! The kind that you feel so weak your afraid to get up from the pot. I used to be very active, hiking 6-8 miles on weekends, with great energy level. Now I feel like an explosive blob.
Sorry to vent and complain when I know so many have bigger problems. Just not many here at home who give me good support (other than hubby, he's good).
Whoops!:(

Tony H

hope you feel better soon , you really getting a tough time of it , this is a great place to vent as people here know exactly what you are going through.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Today is day 24 of constant 20+ times a day diarrhea 😔 My flair got complicated by C-Diff. Last stool sample showed the c-diff as being clear and gone. On Tuesday my GI started me on 40 prednisone for a month and then taper. I do ok during the day (well with wearing my depends, and not eating so I can function at work), but the nights are rough. I,m Up 10-15 times with extreme D! The kind that you feel so weak your afraid to get up from the pot. I used to be very active, hiking 6-8 miles on weekends, with great energy level. Now I feel like an explosive blob.
Sorry to vent and complain when I know so many have bigger problems. Just not many here at home who give me good support (other than hubby, he's good).
Whoops!:(
It's been a long time! Been wondering how you're doing. Lots of hugs are being sent...

Still venting I'm sorry. I got to spend a nice 6 days in the hospital....
long story short my humira stopped working, next on to stralera... and now I wait for my insurance to decide if I'm worthy!
In the meantime, I'm out of work, & treating symptoms... the big D, abd pain, night sweats and fevers... wating wating wating.... my GI did tell me he will call the insurance company every day. He is kinda pushy so I know he will.
I have never felt so sick in all my life! The physical aspect was bad & the mental is just as rough. Sometimes feels it will never end. I am thankful for good family support.
And now I wait......
Whoops!

I am sorry for all you are going through. I am glad you have a doctor who will keep at the insurance company. I hope you feel better soon.