• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

:( need to vent

Im sick of it! Ive battled so hard to not let the crohns win, but i just cant see throught it. I know im not as bad as some of you guys on here, but i just cant do it.

I wake up constantly through the night the past few weeks, needing to go to the toilet. The Questran does help during the day, but it doesnt at night. When i do go to the toilet it hurts! This is before and after moving to brown bread. Ive noticed ive got a red area on the back of my bottom, which creates a line leading up to the pointy bit at the base of your spine.

My periods are completly a miss, i know part of this could be due to the miscarriage that i suffered back in Nov, but i seem to get periods once every 3 months (yes i know i shudnt complain lol)

Im really trying hard at work to not let it get to me, and not letting other ppl know that im not right, even tho im getting bad cramps (whcih dont last long), but it still makes me grumpy and that aint fair on the kids i look after.

Rant over :)

sorry you're struggling right now :(

i was trying to find something like Calmoseptine here in the UK.. and the nearest thing i found was Calomine & Aqueous cream, it's sold in tubs & can be bought over the counter at supermarkets/pharmacies... i found it helps quite a lot.

i would tell your GI about the toilet trips during the night.. maybe he can give you something to slow things down, to take before you go to bed. there is help out there - just make sure the people looking after your health know what you're going through.

regarding the hormones.. i also had a miscarriage many years ago, and it took ages - months - for things to return to normal.

i hope you can get these issues sorted out, and get yourself feeling happier!

sorry you're struggling right now :(

i was trying to find something like Calmoseptine here in the UK.. and the nearest thing i found was Calomine & Aqueous cream, it's sold in tubs & can be bought over the counter at supermarkets/pharmacies... i found it helps quite a lot.

i would tell your GI about the toilet trips during the night.. maybe he can give you something to slow things down, to take before you go to bed. there is help out there - just make sure the people looking after your health know what you're going through.

regarding the hormones.. i also had a miscarriage many years ago, and it took ages - months - for things to return to normal.

i hope you can get these issues sorted out, and get yourself feeling happier!
Oooo ill look out for that, gotta pop to the shops tomorrow after work.

Will have to go to my gp (who is suspended atm), but there is a locum there looking after his patients (i hate locums), and that is the only way i will be able to get an appointment with my GI (next appointment with him isnt until October)

Im thinking i might have a chat with my boss and explain that ive been hiding it, i dont think anyone at work actually understands what the crohns is, and i get more comments about my eating problems.

Where are you based Dingbat?

Where are you based Dingbat?
the other end of the country from you lol. well not quite, north west :)

does your gastro department at the hospital have an IBD nurse service? where i go does, and i think other UK hospitals have it too... phone numbers for getting in direct contact with either a clerk or a nurse from the IBD clinics.. they can get you seen sooner than your appointment, if you're suffering, or get some advice for you... worth ringing & asking about.

the other end of the country from you lol. well not quite, north west :)

does your gastro department at the hospital have an IBD nurse service? where i go does, and i think other UK hospitals have it too... phone numbers for getting in direct contact with either a clerk or a nurse from the IBD clinics.. they can get you seen sooner than your appointment, if you're suffering, or get some advice for you... worth ringing & asking about.
Wouldnt have a clue, all i know is the name of my GI. Will give that a try on Friday when ive got the afternoon off work

One thing back when I had some control over my IBD that I had success with was having a fairly early evening meal and then nothing afterwards until breakfast the next day. As my D was worse first thing when I got up I thought this might help you too :)

Hi,

Sorry to hear things are not good for you right now. Just a couple of things that may be of some help.

I found that the pain and D could be eased by taking Codine Phosphate. The GP would need to prescribe this for you. It's basically a pain killer, but it really slows things down. Some people also find that it makes them a bit drowsy, but perhaps this would all add-up to a good night's sleep?

I've been very honest with my employer and when things were getting really bad a couple of years ago I sat down with my Boss and HR and gave them chapter and verse about what it ment to have Crohn's. I also gave them a copy of a document that I down loaded from the NACC website (Now Crohn's & Colitis UK) which explains the facts of the disease and suggests some things that a good employer may like to do to make things better for the employee. I've had a great deal of support and understanding since.

Regards,

Mark

One thing back when I had some control over my IBD that I had success with was having a fairly early evening meal and then nothing afterwards until breakfast the next day. As my D was worse first thing when I got up I thought this might help you too :)
Unfortunatly that wouldnt really work for me. I work shifts so can end up eating dinner anytime from 5:30pm to 8pm. I dont eat a lot during the day so eating during the evening is the only way i get my calories (im not allowed any food with me at work - only at lunch)

Hi,

Sorry to hear things are not good for you right now. Just a couple of things that may be of some help.

I found that the pain and D could be eased by taking Codine Phosphate. The GP would need to prescribe this for you. It's basically a pain killer, but it really slows things down. Some people also find that it makes them a bit drowsy, but perhaps this would all add-up to a good night's sleep?

I've been very honest with my employer and when things were getting really bad a couple of years ago I sat down with my Boss and HR and gave them chapter and verse about what it ment to have Crohn's. I also gave them a copy of a document that I down loaded from the NACC website (Now Crohn's & Colitis UK) which explains the facts of the disease and suggests some things that a good employer may like to do to make things better for the employee. I've had a great deal of support and understanding since.

Regards,

Mark
Codiene is what my mum takes (and has done for well over 30 years), and i found that i couldnt tolerate it when ive been given it at hospital - plus i would be worried that i would get addicted to it.

Im getting to the point now where im not sleeping full stop.