• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need to vent

So after Heat stroke a lumbar puncture and many days to rest and fluids.So since the fourth My son has fought a sever migraine and neck and back pain. The doctor concluded the spinal tap that caused him to have a seizure caused a leak and they discussed a blood patch but perfered not to cause of infection due to his crohns. We have been up and down and today was the straw that caused him to buckle. He is on his way to the doctor and pretty sure he will be admitted. My dilemma is that I am 3000 miles away. When do you decide to go.
Tonys Mom
Karen

There in lies the problem We dont have the means to go we would have to borrow-And I could ultimatly loose my job. So many factors-I left to give them a finacial boost by living in my home free and clear-It is so Hard-I want to go but would rather help them as he has lost time at work-So I am between a rock and a hard place-So wait to see what the doctor says

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
I'm sorry, I understand that is quite the dilemma and I see your reasoning to offer help instead of traveling as well.

I'm sure whichever choice you make would be understood and much appreciated by your son. If you do choose to stay behind....do you have the option to Skype so that you can talk to him and see him from your living room?

Skype is free for one-on-one calling. All that is required is that both you and your son have access to a computer, tablet, smartphone or other device with a camera and microphone so you can see and talk to each other. Even if he is in the hospital, if he has a smartphone (they all have cameras and microphones), he can download the Skype app to his phone and use it to speak to you and see you directly from his hospital bed.

Even if you don't have the option, maybe the two of you can borrow a device from someone temporarily so that you can make a video call to each other?

I hope you are able to figure something out! :hug:

I talk to him and his wife daily. and he sends pictures. As of afew moments ago-He is stable but now they do not know what they are going to do. More test so more waiting