• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Needing to Vent a Little!

Well I woke up yesterday and forgot to eat breakfast so went all day on only clear liquids because I am with the pill cam today. Needless to say, I am hungry as hell, cramped up and the Diarhea has been horrible yesterday and this morning.

I am just so tired of all of the Diarhea, vomiting and the accidents of which I just had another one, thank goodness I was at home when it happened. Have already been in the bathroom pooping about 6 times since 7 this morning. My butt hurts from all of the wiping.

I have been up since just before 7 this morning so that I could take the Gas X pill and out the door at 7 to go swallow the pill cam and get the monitor on.

I am back home but was told I still can't have anything until around noon today and that is only clear liquids again till around 2, when I will finally be able to eat some solids.

Sorry just needed to vent. Sure hope that this pill cam will give me some answers.

Last edited:
Go ahead. I think venting can definitely be good, especially to people who understand.

I've read a lot of people having the pill cam lately. Why do they opt to go with that vs other methods?

Kirsten,
I had a colonoscopy, endoscopy, CT, MRI, abdomen x-rays, fistulagram and no answers. When I was first diagnosed with Crohns about 7 years ago, the only test that showed it was on the pill cam. The problem is that my Crohns is in the small bowel and from what I am understanding the colonoscopy doesn't go up far enough and the endoscopy doesn't go down low enough to check the small bowel. Please correct me if I am wrong someone, but that is my understanding.

So that is why this doctor is doing the Pill Cam on me again today. Pretty interesting how things have changed since I first had it about 7 years ago. Technology now has this pill cam taking about 2 images per second and in an 8 hr period it is going to take about 50,000 images as it travels down the digestive system.

farm

Captain Insaneo
Kirsten,
I had a colonoscopy, endoscopy, CT, MRI, abdomen x-rays, fistulagram and no answers. When I was first diagnosed with Crohns about 7 years ago, the only test that showed it was on the pill cam. The problem is that my Crohns is in the small bowel and from what I am understanding the colonoscopy doesn't go up far enough and the endoscopy doesn't go down low enough to check the small bowel. Please correct me if I am wrong someone, but that is my understanding.
That is right. I have had bleeding for several years now and they assume it's in the small bowel because, like you said, one doesn't go up far enough to check and the other doesn't go down far enough to check.
Good luck with everything.

Terriernut

Margie....the pill cam at last!!! You've waited a long time! Vent away, but we are all hoping with you that this gives you some answers.

Shame you cant cheat on the eating part...but it would be like having the paparazzi around...snapping pictures of your taco bell!!! (kidders!) :ycool:

Misty

I am all cramped up now....I was a good girl and didn't cheat at all. Had nothing but clear liquids all day until 10pm last night. I didn't have anything after that until about noon today at which I was able to once again have clear liquids. Just finished my first solid meal and it tasted good, but now feel cramped up and like I am going to throw it back out. During this pill cam I have had some sharp cramping, not sure what that is all about. Don't recall ever feeling it when I had this pill cam before. Just really cramped up right now. Been in the bathroom today more than out. Pooped probably at the very least 10 times today. My butt is pretty sore.

Sure hope that this test gives me some answer as to hy my abdomen is so swollen, why all the Diarrhea and Vomiting, especially within an hour of eating anything.

And funny you should mention Taco Bell, yummm that is what I broke down and had, I know I probably shouldn't have, but after a whole day and a half of no solids, that was what I went for.....lol

Terriernut

Margie, I would KILL for a Taco Bell! But we dont have them over here! (did I tell ya'll I was psychic?? LOL)

I think going that long without eating is going to cause you some difficulties with cramping and the big D! I really hope you get some answers soon! Meanwhile, water, water water! And gatorade. And maybe a baked potatoe and some bread to slow you down? Marshmallows?

Hope you feel better very soon!!

Huggggggsss,
Misty

Baked potatoe maybe but not fond of marshmallows much. Now I wished I hadn't eaten though, because I am cramped up and my heart feels like it is racing, weird. Could be because of all of the Diarrhea and maybe getting dehydrated too. I have to drive out to the doctors in about an hour or so and get the monitor off and then back home. Just really tired today I guess, could have a lot to do with how I am feeling here too.

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
You have come a long way, Margie. It's your turn to get some answers and some much needed treated and respect. I am praying that all will go well and that you will find the peace of mind that will come from the correct treatment. Hang in there sweetie; you're almost there! :)

ameslouise

I always get tachy if I haven't eaten for a while and then have food. I don't think Taco Bell was the smartest thing to eat after having gone thru the prep and the pill cam test. Better to stick with something bland and not as processed.

Good luck getting the results - I hope it shows something definitive.

- Amy

Thanks Everyone,
I just went back to the doctors office and the girl asked me if I was still blinking blue, which I was. That means that after 8 hrs of the capsule still in me, it should have passed and has not. I asked what that means and she said that it still could pass but that the doctor is going to look over the images and find out exactly where it is in me. Which tells me that it is either stuck somewhere or is taking an awfully long time to come out. What are your thoughts? Has anyone had this to know what she meant by that.

Misty.....lol....I have been warned by my body too. Just hard when really nothing that I eat stays down, so I get the attitude why bother.

After being up all night cramped, 3 cups of coffee this morning and about 24 hrs later, I am almost sure that the pill cam finally came out. I finally had a bowel movement this morning. Thanks to the coffee.

Now just waiting for the results from the doctor.

UPDATE and UPSET
I called both doctors to see if I could get the results of the 3 tests that I have had done all within the last week or so. The OB/Gyn doctor will give me the results of the Pelvic Ultrasound and Fistulagram on Friday morning.

The GI doctor hasn't read the images and said that it will take him a couple of hours to do so probably won't be for a few days. A few days when it only takes a couple of hours. He isn't waiting for someone else to read the results and send him the report. It is himself that is reading it, so would be no waiting for someone else to send it. What da hell, guess that is because it isn't him that is suffering and in pain so he is just gonna take his time. Obviously doesn't care how all of this is affecting me.
When I told the girl that I think the pill cam came out this morning, but wasn't sure that it did. All she could say was that it will eventually come out and if it doesn't in a couple of weeks then he will do another x-ray on me. She just said that it will come out eventually and that he will get back to me when he is finished looking at the results, but probably now won't be before mid next week before I get the results of it.

I am here crying and soooooo very tired of all of this "I don't care-arrogant" attitudes that I get from the medical field. Why are patients treated this way, when they are suppose to take an oath to care for patients. You tell them of your Diarrhea and incontinence problems and they pretty much still blow you off and take their time getting the results of the tests that could make me feel better. Without being on any meds at all for 4 years now for my Crohn's and fighting a battle financially and emotionally. All of this stress in my life is really taking its toll on me. To wait a day to get the results is too long but to tell me that I have to wait a week, because he is to busy and can't take 2 hrs to read it last night or sometime today is just wrong. But then again, I guess he doesn't really care because it isn't him that is sh.....tting his underwear or so cramped up that he can't sleep at night, or crying because of not being able to handle the littlest things that normally would be nothing to handle daily.

I am blowing up at my boyfriend and son for stupid shit, because every little stress is now so huge to me. I really can't take much more of this waiting before I get some medical treatment and find out what is wrong here.

Thanks diesanduhr and everyone. I just needed to vent, sorry about that. I know I have really been doing a lot of whining and complaining lately, just really frustrated and a little bit scared too. When doctors start mentioning cancer, not something I really care to hear especially when it wasn't from just one doctor but two. So that on top of everything else really scares me.

We sure understand what each other are going through. And it helps to know that I have someone that I can talk to about how I am feeling. That is for sure. I really am so glad that I found this forum and all of you. Helps me out a lot.

Well the fistulagram, pelvic ultrasound both came back negative. The pill cam showed something going on in the small bowel, but unclear like it wasn't emptied. Doctor thinks it might be an ulcer, so has now order a small bowel series, of which I now have to have done on Tuesday morning, which sounds like it could be a 5 hr test. Yippee, I am so excited, NOT. Soooooo tired of all the tests and still no definitive answers to help me and still no meds either.

ameslouise

Hi Margie - Hang in there. I hope the small bowel follow thru shows something definitive and you can finally get some relief.

Try to have a good weekend! - Amy

Hi Amy,
Thanks for all of your support. How are you doing these days? I hope that your recovery is going well and that you are starting to feel better. Been thinking about you a lot lately. I have been on here doing a little research on the small bowel series and why the doctors actually order it and what they are really looking for. From what I have read, it looks like he is thinking either a stricture or an obstruction somewhere that is causing all of my symptoms. Guess I will know next week though.

Well here goes my venting again.

Lets see today not only did I start the day all cramped in pain and hungry because of nothing to eat since 6 last night, but then I go for the small bowel series. As I was getting myself registered for the test, the receptionist once again informed me of my outstanding bill with them. She insisted on giving me a copy of the 7200.00 bill that I owe them for an inpatient stay that I had prior, they told me that they would take care to have a charity pay because I told them I had no money.

Then I had to drink the barium and lets not forget the gas x or whatever that chrystal stuff was that made me feel like I was gonna vomit right on the x-ray table since they were moving it up and down and pressing all over the abdomen.

I get home, not in time, and soiled 3 pairs of undies, so now I have to go buy more.

And I can't forget that the stupid State of MI contacted me to tell me that they didn't get their monthly payment which they take automatically from my account every month. They took it out today, why they didn't check their records before they called me to harrass me on this is beyond me.

Something has to give and soon.

I don't need all of this added financial stress on top of everything else going on. The hospital already told me about the bill a week ago when I was in there for other tests.