• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Negative scope after positive

Have you ever had a negative scope after a positive one?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
I'm curious because my GI and one of his residents are convinced it's impossible to the point they won't even bother with simple blood tests. They just say ''well, whatever that was back then, we know it's not crohns.'

Last edited:
I do not see why that is not possible, and probably even likely if the treatment is working as well as it should. What would be the point of treating if it had no effect on the problem?

It is possible it was not Crohn's, but since they really do not even have a definitive test to rule in or out Crohn's, other than a collection of symptoms, I do not know how they can be so sure of themselves.

I fully anticipate I will show nothing when the time comes to check. They have photos so they can't really deny that it was there to begin with.

So then the question is why are you having symptoms with no outward signs of disease. I would suspect a bacterial infection of one kind or another. Crohn's related or not.

Dan

Basically, they think that if you have crohn's you must have scaring. They believed I had crohn's, in agreement with my earlier diagnosis which was done properly, right up until the scopes came back without the massive amount of scar tissue they expected.