• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Nerve pain and burning

Had a barium enema and was diagnosed with diverticulosis and strictures after bouts of diarrhea followed by constipation and pain that kept me in bed. I was lucky in that I was able to manage with my diet until I got covid and the flu. I spent a few hours in the emergency room because I couldn't keep anything down including water. They performed blood, urine tests and a CT scan with dye suggesting it was the best test for having a better look. Other than being dehydrated and undernourished after not being able to eat for weeks an IV helped and I was able to start to get my strength back. Immediately following the visit I started having burning sensations in my arms, chest and abdomen especially near the sigmoid. That was a year ago. I have not had any flare ups but the pain just won't leave. Sometimes it travels down my left leg stopping around my knee and that is more of a throbbing burn that comes and goes daily.. The burn also goes up to my armpit and left arm stopping before my elbow. Sometimes I feel it in both arms stopping just above my elbows. Some days I just feel nuts. I never know what I will wake up to. They also strongly suggested a colonoscopy because they couldn't see the sigmoid. I am hoping someone has a suggestion. I know it is not my skin or muscle and only guessing it might be nerve damage. Has anyone experienced nerve pain mostly in the torso? Thank you