• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Nervous frustrated scared

I am 39 mom of 2 and recently was treated in the ER for crohns virus, which I didn't even know what it was or I had it, at first my husband and I thought i was bulimic again. Lost so much weight and dropped from a sz 18 to a 12 in less than a year. Always having stomach pains, throwing up, go days not eating or drinking always tired and depressed . Treated for severe dehydration. So I finally got enough guts and tired of feeling like this and have appointment on 3/12. So I'm scared & worried because been reading about this. Er doc said it's duodenal crohns. If any one has advice for me or ways to cope with it and how to handle these horable painful flare ups I get. I would appreciate it.

Also if anyone has ways for me to explain to my friends & family on how it makes me feel. And how difficult it is for me to eat, keep food down, or wanna do things. Would help to.

Trysha

Staff member
Sorry to hear of your continual pain and discomfort Tinkerbell ...these are symptoms that crohns patients endure.
Once you have a complete diagnosis and treatments is started you will start to feel better
but it does take time and patience.
It’s really good to hear you have a medical appointment very soon...is it with a Gastroenterologist..they are best at dealing with crohns.
You ask how to explain the illness to family and friends and I would keep it short and simple
Such as it is an internal inflammatory condition chronic in nature but treatable in a number of ways.there are several good drugs that can give relief and often lead to a remission.
You are about to go down well trodden pathways that many of us endure.
You are not alone and you have come to one of the best sites for information and friendships.
Please keep in touch with us and let us know how things go for you.
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha

Sorry to hear of your continual pain and discomfort Tinkerbell ...these are symptoms that crohns patients endure.
Once you have a complete diagnosis and treatments is started you will start to feel better
but it does take time and patience.
It’s really good to hear you have a medical appointment very soon...is it with a Gastroenterologist..they are best at dealing with crohns.
You ask how to explain the illness to family and friends and I would keep it short and simple
Such as it is an internal inflammatory condition chronic in nature but treatable in a number of ways.there are several good drugs that can give relief and often lead to a remission.
You are about to go down well trodden pathways that many of us endure.
You are not alone and you have come to one of the best sites for information and friendships.
Please keep in touch with us and let us know how things go for you.
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha
Thank you Trysha
I will keep you posted on my appointment. It's only a pcp Dr last time I saw a pcp was when I was 20. Never had to but always wanted and know I needed to but always was healthy till now. I had 2 good days no pain able to eat. Now it's back 😔. I feel bad for my 8 yr old son who supports me so much and tells me I can do it, i can eat, and stop thrown up and get better. 😊. He's my life. Has so much energy and sometimes I don't feel like doing much. My husband is also a great support. Stays strong and helps our son understand what's going on with me. He's my rock. With out them don't know what I would do. Just don't like Drs because the needles, tests, and don't like being on meds. But I know has to be done only way to finally know what's going on in my body. Not prepared for all the testing. But gota do it for my little and big man. ❤.
Closer it's getting the more nervous I am. My husband will be there at the appointment. Just worry and scared thinking I waited to long and made things worse. Or it's a bigger health issue the big "C", which my grandmother passed from ovarian 3yrs ago, and my aunt was able to get her urethra cancer removed last month. So alot going on in my mind. Most of it is thinking bout by family. And how they gonna cope and survive.

Last edited:

Trysha

Staff member
Tinkerbell...it's always a jittery time going to doctors and facing the unknown.
However once you make a start with the PCP it’s a step in the right direction and from there
you will likely be referred to a Gastroenterologist for further evaluation and treatment.
Try not to worry so much....easier said than done but it gets you no where.
Once you have a diagnosis and treatment you will feel better.
Hugs
Trysha