• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Nervous

Today I have a inflixamab infusion and along side that I am going to me my GI discuss possibly beginning to feed again. I had an operation 3 months ago but due to complications I was left on TPN for a sum, given to me, 6 months - I'm nervous about eating because the last time I ate it sent me straight to hospital. Any food that are 'safe' and others to avoid?

Eat applesauce, toast and rice.. Are there any foods in particular that you know of that irritate your system? Also try some broth.

Bad news- my GI felt I should begin with modulen just to be sure nothing irritates, he'll call me next week to confirm otherwise I'm still off any oral feeds and just TPN. I flare up quite quickly But I can handle light foods like rice and soup. Thanks for the support! Unfortunately no result but in a good light the TPN has helped me feel loads better. Hope everyone is well!

Bad news- my GI felt I should begin with modulen just to be sure nothing irritates, he'll call me next week to confirm otherwise I'm still off any oral feeds and just TPN. I flare up quite quickly But I can handle light foods like rice and soup. Thanks for the support! Unfortunately no result but in a good light the TPN has helped me feel loads better. Hope everyone is well!
At least you're feeling better, and I'm glad to know that. :)