• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Nervously awaiting MRI results!

Hello all!

My brief history, symptoms have been going on for 10 years now, had colonoscopy 3 months ago which was clear but have got worse, pain wakes me up every morning and I got to run to the bathroom :-(. The pain is mainly located on my right side of my stomach.

Had my MRI 3 days ago now, had to drink 2 big jugs of this solution and half way through my scan I had a injection which I believe was some sort of dye.

Anyone diagnosed by a MRI scan?

Xxx

- now Free

Hi Rockyroo,

I was diagnosed through colonoscopy and CT scan 3 years ago, after being ill for at least 3 years before that. I have an MRI scan on Tuesday as my consultant what's to do more investigations with me being really bad the last 3 months, so I'm guessing if he's sending me for that you should get some answers from your scan.

Hope you get some answers it's awful being ill and just wanting to know what's wrong! Keep us updated and ask any questions you want :)

Yvette :)

Hi, I had various test including mri scan with dye. At the time I was having very bad d and I mentioned this to them at the time before my scan as everything was running right through me.... Luckily I got away with having less than a jug of the stuff ;)

Anyway, it showed over 5ft of Inflammation in my small intestine which could have been scarring or Inflamation. As a result I was put on aza. If it was inflammation then the medication would help. 10 months on my symptoms are better and I don't often have d anymore.

Are you on any medications at the moment?

Thank you for your replies :)

I'm not on any medication my consultant said he won't give me anything until we know what I've got going on. I do take painkillers for the pains and cramping.

Xxx

- now Free

Well, I guess your nearly there, just waiting for your results now. Makes sense what your gi has said.

Hope you get some answers soon.

My first barium MRI led to my diagnoses. It showed some mild inflammation in my terminal ileum, and I later had a flex sigmoidoscopy done because of that. The flex sig ended up showing severe Crohn's. I hope you get some answers soon, being undiagnosed is so hard. Sending you hugs!

Oh no, really hope you get some answers soon. It is so frustrating waiting for a diagnosis. Don't give up until you get the answers you need :) xx

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hey, sorry I'm late coming in on this. Keep pressing them, I know it's hard but for many of us that's the only way we got any help.

My consultant would of signed me off years ago if I'd not had coeliac, I kept telling them i knew something was wrong and they kept saying the tests were fine so there wasnt.

You know your own body, if you think something isn't right then stick with it, don't let them put you off. You are entitled to second, third, fourth even twentieth opinions if that's what it takes. Keep fighting.