• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Neuropathy meds as needed?

:( Ugh, neuropathy stinks. I developed myeloneuropathy within the past few months from what they assume was a long standing undiagnosed copper deficiency. I was told that cymbalta/duloxetine is commonly used for diabetic neuropathy, so I assume it works for most types of neuropathy. I don't think it's an 'as needed' drug though - as it probably requires time to build up to become effective. I can't take it since I'm currently taking a drug that interacts with it, so I don't have any input to offer on it's efficacy. Tramadol helps me ignore the pain/discomfort, although I try to limit my usage unless it's driving me batsh*t, and I've found that occasionally benadryl before bed can help the burning and spasms a little bit.

I have a few neuro appointments coming up in April, so if they give me any tips I'll pass them on! :smile: