• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Never ending story with insurances.

Update on my kids.
Daughter doing great. Last remicade was december, next one was due yesterday but had to move to next week due to insurance, this time was her secondary insurance the one requesting more information. She was supposed to have her first Rehumy appointment today after 8 months waiting for an opening. We got there and they found out my daughter has also state insurance as a secondary and she said she is not allowed to see patients with THAT insurance. I said I will use only BCBS and make my copayment. Sorry but not. To come back when my daughter has BCBS only. :stinks: Only two rehumatologist will see her and one of them is on my black list.
Son not doing so good since he is not on celebrex anymore. he grow up about an inch since Feb. last year but lost between 6 to 8 pounds. He eats like crazy. We have appointment in 2 weeks with rheumy in Dallas. New one because the one he use to see move from Children Hospital. QUESTION. Any of your kids have swelling of hand? I have notice some times little bit of swelling in fingers and wrist, but a lot on top of hand with red marks. is ether left or right but never both at the same time. It goes away after half an hour to one hour by itself.

I second the Ugh..........
Tops off Grace's hands do swell or look puffy. Might turn red but no red streaks.

my little penguin

Staff member
Wait missed the steaks part
Call the rheumo/ped ask about possible vasculitus asap.
DS had red swollen feet that would have streaks and go away like that Rheumo said it was vasculitis

CarolinAlaska

Holding It Together
How frustrating about insurances. Is the new Dallas rheumy willing to see him with state insurance secondary? Did they go ahead with the Remicade this week? Don't you just hate all the hoops you have to go through?

Thank you. (Son) I took some pictures. It never came to my mind that it can be vasculitis. . I don't think I will have a problem with rheumy in Dallas. I gave insurance information over the phone at time of appointment. I am kind of nervous about that appointment since is a new one. The JRA DX is by his pediatrician not by prior Rheumy.
With the rheumy in town for my daughter I did not told them about state insurance prior to yesterday. Dr. gave the names of two that will take state insurance but one of them I did not like the way appointment went with my son, so I am not taking my daughter there. The other probably will take us long time to get an appointment, maybe she turns 19 before I get one and no longer have state ins. I will ask the one in Dallas if she sees kids over 18. We were not able to do remicade this week, hopefully next tuesday.