• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Never thought I'd have a little celebration about Poop

I have been out of the hospital for three nights. Starting the second day back, on my new Prednisone taper, diet and supplements I have had the most normal BMs ever! Within two hours of waking up the last two days I have had the most normal BMs in years! I actually texted my significant other to celebrate my triumphant return to bathroom (sorta) normalcy. Never thought that would be a cause for celebration, but this disease does weird things to you. :poo:

I am still experiencing symptoms of pain, blood, massive fatigue and some nausea but, I feel like I'm the mend. Little victories, right?

Thank you for all the support and I hope you can share in some of my excitement about this new development. :)

nogutsnoglory

It's funny how the most insignificant things to some are cause for worry or excitement for us. Happy healthy poop and many more!

Yes, I too have given myself a little cheer here and there LOL For YEARS I never had a normal one- Remicade has changed that for me!

Yep hun I have been there! I remember the first day I didn't poop! I was so shocked when I realized it that I actually got out of bed to go out and tell my husband who was still awake :) funny the things we get excited about huh? ;)

I was diagnosed around 4 and half years ago, and I still remember what I did, and what I ate the day of my first solid poop after my first flare up. I was so proud of myself that day, I texted all of my friends to notify them, they all have a great sense of humor.

Though I was the only one. After starting Humira, I actually wanted to take a picture of poop. I was so excited, first time in probably 20 years I had normal BM. Told my son I got bored in the bathroom. I was used to speedy bathroom visits - water doesn't take long! Definitely cause for celebration