• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New and scared....

Hi. I'm 29. I was diagnosed with crohns in 2008 but it has been in remission since. Until now. Now I am in agony. Finally had some relief today with spasmonal but I'm scared. I don't want surgery. I'm due to go on holiday in three weeks and I'm scared I won't be well enough. Ive missed a lot of work as I also suffer from depression and I am very worried about what people there think of me. I just wanted to speak to some people who knew how I felt. It can feel really lonely can't it?:(

Don't worry about what other people think,take care of your self,I am 56 and at your age I had the kissing cousins,my doctors called crohns & colitis,the pain you are feeling only we know what it's like.Do what ever makes you feel better everybody's body is different.

nogutsnoglory

I'm sorry to hear you are scared and in pain, we all can relate to that here. This is a great place to get questions answered and to express your feelings.

Are you seeing a gastroenterologist? Will you start any meds?

What are your meds right now? Are you going to see your GI soon? It's really scary to know you've just come out of remission and your meds aren't working anymore, and the best thing you can do is get yourself to a GI so you can work towards getting back into remission.

I do see a gi but they are pretty useless, find my gp more helpful. Currently on mesalazine and prednisolone. Up at 3am in pain. I'm just so tired and scared. Thanks for your replies it's nice to hear from people in the same boat :)

Mesalamine compounds are uncommonly useful in CD and usually prescribed in bottom up treatment simply because they're low side effect and work once in a blue moon. You seriously need to talk to your GI about getting more effective medication. The next step up the ladder is usually 6-MP or it's prodrug Azathioprine.

I'm right there with you hun; I'm 27 and was diagnosed with Crohn's in 2010. I just came out of remission a couple moths ago and have been struggling to gain control ever since. I'm on mesalamine, prednisone, and as of tomorrow Imuran.
This forum has some wonderful people who are highly educated about Crohn's and the treatment options available. Just hearing from other people that it was okay to be afraid, and angry, and every other emotion you go through when dealing with this chronic monster was a huge help to me. I don't feel like I'm alone in this anymore! I have a great support system at home, but the people here REALLY "get it". So welcome to the forum! I hope you start to feel better soon, and please keep bus informed :)