• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New and stupid

Just diagnosed 3 weeks ago and in the middle of a flare-up. Haven't eat anything other than cream of soups in 7 days. 3 days in hospital with clear liquids and am just now feeling I can eat a little without pain. Tuff week. How do I know if this Crohn's is a 2-3 on a 1-10 scale or an 7-9 on a 1-10 scale?

I am visiting doctor today for a post follow up from being in the hospital. We had discovered the Crohn's during a wellness check colonoscopy three weeks ago. I had been non treated and living life and diet with no clue. I had not had a "flareup" but I had periodic stomach aches which appeared quickly and went away fairly quickly for over a year. I have had 2-3 major stomach aches sometime around 1-2 years ago. By the time E.R. got to me I was feeling better and walked out of E.R. with no follow up. That is my history. After the major stomach aches I would get back to normal quickly. Yes, I would have a loose stool but I would not call it diarrhea. I am living in Inverness, Florida.
I had the routine colonscopy with a Dr. Mathur here in Inverness.
Thank you

I am sorry you have this disease. Hopefully your doctor can get you on the right mixture of medicines soon. Feel free to come here anytime.