• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New and Suffering!

Hi all,

New to the forum.Diagnosed with UC in 2004, has been managed really well since with medication. However, over the last couple of weeks I have experienced chronic diarrhoea visiting the toilet upwards of 5 times a day of undigested food, however not always straight after eating (which was the main symptom of my colitis before I was diagnosed, would be on the toilet within 20mins of eating).

At first I thought the diarrhoea was a result of being on a course of antibiotics but after a week and a half of not taking the antibiotics anymore and diarrhoea still being present I paid a visit to my doctor who is querying an UC flare up. Thankfully with me being so lucky with my UC I am unsure what a flare up looks like. I am awaiting a call back from my IBD nurse, which should hopefully be tomorrow and result of a stool sample :frown: However in the meantime does anyone have any advice on helpful foods or remedies that can help.

I have been advised not to take over the counter remedies.

Meds: Salofalk 500mg gastro-resistant prolonged-release granules

Welcome, I am sorry you are having a bad time. I'm glad that you have been into see your doctor. There are a few different threads on hear about different foods people eat while flairing. I'm not sure how to tag them tho, perhaps someone else can. I think most stick to soft foods, mash potatoes, rice, soup, toast. Unfortunately you may just have to try them and see what works. I usually do better if I eat small bites throughout the day. Glad you joined.
Whoops!

Thanks cross-stitch gal! I was called in for blood tests on Wednesday and have a liver scan on Monday. No results as yet, but with a bland diet my symptoms seem to be easing up :ycool: