• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New chronie

Recently diagnosed with Crohn's disease :(

Until about two months ago I lived a pretty healthy life for the most part. After three trips to the E.R. And two stays at the hospital I was diagnosed. I assume I'm lucky in the fact it only took several months for confirmation on whats going on.

I was started on pred last week and begin a taper this week, also prescribed imuran to start today. They had me on cipro and flagyl over the last month didn't have any side effects but boy reading about all these medication side effects can make you go crazy worrying.

Anyway just an intro I'm sure ill have questions throughout my treatments etc. 28 year old Canadian here with no family history of crohns.

Cheers people, thanks for reading.

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
Sorry to hear you were diagnosed

Welcome to the forum, there's plenty of info and support you can get here.

I currently take 6-mp, which is similar to imuran, it takes a while to kick in (about 3 months) which is why they keep you on the steroids for a while. It freaked me out at first too reading and learning about it, but I've been on it for about 5 months now and have had no known side effects and I think I am on the path to finally getting better after being diagnosed last year.

Hopefully this will be the drug to put you in remission too :)

Going forward I would recommend keeping an eye on your diet and stress and lifestyle choices as they can play significant roles in whether or not you gain remission through your treatment plan.

Good luck with the prednisone! We all know how crazy that stuff can be.

And FYI great username!...I like Tacos too...I actually just finished eating a taco when I saw your thread...It prompted me to respond LOL :p

It's my goal to one day return to my regular taco tuesdays lol
So scared to try one right now though.

Tx for the reply, all the best!