• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New Crohn's diagnosis

Hi I have just been diagnosed with CD after having surgery 16 years ago for UC . Had a total colectomy and j-pouch constructed. Now after developing a fistula a 4 years ago and a couple of blockages they have decided it is Crohn's. Just did a stint in the hospital for a flare I would say. Saw the GI doc the other day and he put me on Imuran, budesonide, ofloxacin and flagyl. The antibiotics are to keep the infections away from the recto-vaginal fistula. Feel very sad, nervous and defeated with this all!

CLB
Current meds: cymbalta, coversyl, imuran, budesonide, ofloxacin, flagyl, multivitamin, probiotic, calcium

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi Club. Glad you joined this forum. It is so good to talk to other who understand. The way you feel is understandable. Give yourself time to adjust. Remember your not alone. Ask lots of questions, vent, whatever you need to do. It won't be long and you be offering help and support to someone here. Maybe a newbie or an old vet. We ALL have rough patches. Give yourself lots of grace. You'll get through this and come out on top.

nogutsnoglory

Hi club welcome to the forum. I'm sure it's nerve wrecking and upsetting but hopefully the new meds will prevent a fistula. It's well worth it if it can do that.

How do you find cymbalta? I'm considering adding that.

Thanks Dave and nogutsnoglory for welcoming me to this forum! It is nice to talk to people who can relate what a girl is going through!

Nogutsnoglory..... I originally started Paxil after my first surgery due to panic/anxiety attacks. Stayed on Paxil for a long time until my GP suggested Cymbalta as it doesn't increase ur appetite like Paxil. I find it fine just in times like this that old nasty depression likes to lurk in the corners!!! But I am bigger than this disease (literally always chubby wubby)! Lol! If you had anxiety/depression problems I think it is worth it! 😊