• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New doc, no criminal record!

Hey guys! I took a bit of a break from computers over christmas and new years so maybe my eyes wont fry before I'm 30. It's good to be back and posting my update in the general discussion forum as opposed to the support forum.

I saw my new GI last week and he did real actual doctor shit! I got weighed, had my blood pressure taken (160/72), and I am refreshed on how tall I am. This doctor also met me in an exam room as opposed to an office. Had me lie down so he could do the physical intestine exam and that weird knuckle flick thing. He is also not being charged with fraud and scamming his insurance company out of 4 million dollars. All these are perks I didn't have with my last GI, so I'm fairly excited. Never boring in Hollywood.

So now I'm on 4 grams of Asacol and 50mg of Imuran as my one two punch and my gut has been behaving. Even got a little bit of weight back now that I'm hitting the gym again.

Happy to have a real doctor again. Hope everyone is greeting the new year well!

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2007/05/dr_no_good.php

Basically he's accused of fraud. Somehow this trial is 4 years old and still ongoing. But he claimed he did 22 surgeries in one saturday. I feel like that would be an open and shut case but I know nothing of how the system works so I'll refrain from further speculation.

Also, he got his license in *GASP* Mexico. That's not really a huge deal to me, but the fact he looks NOTHING like a Rosenberg is what bothered me more. I'm jewish, I got matza rights. That guy pulled a seinfeld and took a jewish name so he'd seem like a more trustworthy doctor. My network gave me the option of Visoghi or Rosenberg. Who do you think I chose first eh? Nyuk Nyuk..

Glad I could inspire a chuckle. I think all of my posts and responses try to be funny and bring some laughter to the forums. It's what I know.