• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New drug for me !

dental issues

have any of you had any dental problems associated with your Crohn's ? I have some issues ...receeding gums ,sesitivity , etc. my mum is 76 and has agreat smile with all her own teeth ! just wondered if nutritional deficiency over the years could do this? cheers ps this thread comes up with a title of a thread that i chose to deleate. sorry , couldnt figure out how to change thread title !!!

Last edited:

ekay03

My dog has hands!
The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is how you look at it. I love that!!
Hello and welcome Simon 47 :)

Simon,
My daughter who has crohns is our only child with dental issues. She had several abscesses and recently a tooth that just broke in half. I heard from others that it could be related to crohns disease.

thanks kimmidwife

yeah I actually broke a piece of tooth off on a burger.. thought it was a bit of bone in the meat , no! it was a bit of my tooth.. really though ,i'm not that shocked now when things like this happen..i just take it in stride and smile(with a broken tooth,LOL)