• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New dxCrohn's @13

Hi, I've been living with Crohn's for over 20 years. I have been fortunate to have only had one surgery so far, but I may be facing the decision of whether to have surgery again. I've been on many medications over the years and I'm trying to get to a point where Stelara will work for me because I'm nervous about trying another medication and having it fail or be just more of the same, helpful but not close to "remission". I've joined this group to see if I can get opinions from people who have also been living with this disease.

Scipio

Welcome. You will find plenty of people here who are also living with this disease and are willing to share their opinions.

Hi and welcome. Don be hesitant to try a different medication. Who knows. Maybe Stelara will be the medication that will give a wonderful period of remission.

If you are going through a flare just be careful what you eat and drink. Otherwise, make sure you monitor yourself and let your doctor know if anything changes.