• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New Guy. Trying to answer some Questions!

Hello everyone,
My name is Robert. I am 29 I have just been diagnosed with Crohn's two days ago. They thought it was UC for the past 5 years. Makes more sense now seeing the symptoms of Crohn's. So I have been taking meds for UC; do thoes meds help Crohn's? Who knows..... My BIGGEST question for you all is do any of you get Headachs ranging from a few hours long to a 3 weeks-to a month? I have them all the time, not sure if it's related or not? And fatigue:yfaint: the last 2 months I have been run down. I build houses for a living and my 55 year old uncle is working me under the table. Do any of you feel that way?? And depression......not sure what it feels like; but have just felt in the past few months that everything that I loved and was passionate about just doesn't matter that much or I'm not interested in it. Is that depression? If anyone has any insite please drop me a line. Thanks a Million.
Robert:ybiggrin:

Welcome snowboy_cmx,
What meds are you currently taking many are used for both UC and Crohn's.
As far as fatigue could be caused by a number of things have you had blood checked for anemia, vitamin D, vitamin B12 - many are deficient in these and it can cause fatigue.

hi Robert,
yes all the meds are pretty much the same form what ive read over the years. I have UC. funny that, how many think they have UC for years and then bam...we were wrong, its crohn's.
headaches, well I get them. cant tell you why. I know its not dehydration cuz im always drinking something. it could be a side effect of the meds your on.
which meds are you taking.
depression. well form what I know, if you're not up to your normal daily tasks and cant see the joy in anything then, yes, you are depressed. best see your GP about that and they can refer you on to someone else to help.
ju

Hey It's nice to talk to someone with the same kind of situation though I am very sorry and hope your well.,I take balasalazide; and to be honest I don't think it's the meds cause I have still had the headaches when I was off my meds for a long period of time. So I don't know....The the thing that sucks I'm taking 9 pills a day. But the biggest thing lately is I am SO fatiuged. I had to go to the doctor for it......he told me to take a sleep test. Done that and waiting results but now I know about Crohn's I just don't know. We'll see I guess. Rob

I can’t say anything about headaches and I don’t take the medication that you are on. But I did get depressed when I was really sick. I just felt like nothing was going right and that no one understood. I told my Dr. that I was starting to feel very apathetic in general. He acted quickly and prescribed a very mild anti-depressant. Its working wonders. I have been better and been sick again since I started taking the drug and its really keep my mood stable. You may want to do some research on medications and have the talk with your dr.

Honey

Staff member
Hi there,
I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis years ago, until I experienced severe tummy pain and was diagnosed with Crohns. It is a familiar story!! I do not have headaches but we are all different in our experience of the disease. Fatigue, Yes!! I was told I had M.E. years ago, but Crohns does cause fatigue. A throat problem too , I now know ,was caused by the Crohns! You will need regular blood tests which will monitor the side-effects of your meds, etc. Remember, it is a big shock to deal with such a fickle and difficult illness so it is natural to have low times. I have shed many a tear behind the scenes!!! This forum is ideal for venting your feelings about your illness because people who are not experiencing it, don't always understand!!! It helps to talk and ask questions of those who are fellow sufferers. I hope you feel better soon. Remember do not eat big meals ,: and rest when you have to. :bigwave:

Thanks everone for all the great insite.:smile: I just got my sleep test results back. NOTHING.... No sleep abnormalities! Good but still a bit puzzeling.:yrolleyes:

Hey everyone...thanks again so much for all the great insight and kind thoughts and words. Now time has passed and I have been under extreme stress I have been seeing new symptoms. My eyes.....my right eye is constantly irritated and half of the vision is in the right eye is blurry and like something is in there or its getting dark. going to an eye doc hopefully soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone with the same problem ever???? Also have had bleeding for like 3 months started out minor and now is much worse. I take humira every 15 days, Balsalaside (6 pills a day) and just got off prednisone (a weeks worth) and no difference. Called the doctor and asked about surgical options... they say oh that bleeding is normal and there is no surgical options. I am so frustrated cramping daily lots of blood eye problems now. UHHH I feel like giving up. Anyone got any helpful insight?

Interesting theory regarding TMJ being linked to Crohns. I've had TMJ issues with frequent headaches for 35 years, and crohns diagnosed 20 years ago. I never thought of them being related tho. I will tell you
that switching to a memory foam pillow has greatly helped my TMJ symptoms. I clench much less and take fewer tylenols as a result. Best of luck to you!