• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New guy

Hey there, everyone. New to reaching out to find others who have lived life with Crohns. Haven't been one for social media because of all the negativity, truely just looking for someone to talk to. Just turned 29, from New York - How is everyone?

Hi! Welcome to forum!

This forum has been great for me...lots of support and connections with people who truly understand what you are going through. I have not found this forum negative at all.

I have been pretty good! A little stressed about an upcoming colonoscopy, but feeling good.

How are you doing? Are you newly diagnosed?

Thanks for the welcome teeny :)
I've been officially diagnosed for about 10 years, but have always had stomach issues for as long as I remember. I'm doing well at the moment, thank you - I had a resection about a year and a half ago and while symptoms never fully left, life is much better for now. Not too good at sharing with other people but am trying to work on it, thank you for reaching out.

I like to search the forums...there are a lot of threads that may be years old, but still have great information. I always find something new that I hadn't thought about or didn't know. Great way to explore around.

No worries if you aren't a sharer...sometimes I post a lot, sometimes I don't post at all. Just depends. You can always message me if you want to ask something but don't want it on a thread.

Thank you for the welcome Tubes, Any advice for a newcomer?
When you get to the end of the hallway never go left(I learned the hard way) and stay away from my flowerbeds,as for the forum I too suggest you check out some old threads it can be very informative and share at your own pace.