• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New hear... not sure what is going on

I just joined today. I have a long history. When I was younger I lived in a very bad home and had serious stomach pains. I suffered excruciating pain and diarrhea most of my life. I was put in foster homes and it continued but not as bad. I noticed when I was stressed it was much worse. I chalked it up to a nervous tummy. After I met my husband and married it became less. Then after children I got 2 very bad hemorrhoids and began bleeding after I had bowel movements. I ended up having 7 children in 10 years and those 4 births via c-section. After my last child my hemorrhoids were so bad and bleeding so much I opted to have a hemorrhoid surgery. Things were healing great then about 3 months later I began having very bad abdominal pain in my right side. After an ultrasound it was reveal that I have many cyst on my ovary and my organs including intestines and bladder were attached to my uterus. I also had very bad deep vein thrombosis. I had a total hysterectomy and opted to leave one ovary. 10 days later the surgery opened up and my intestines began to descend out of me. I was rushed back into surgery and properly fixed and put on lovenox. It has been 6 months and over the last month I have had bleeding every time I have a bowel movement and have had bowel movements sometimes 7 times a day! My stomach always feels nervous. Some days are okay... I may have no movement or 2 movements... always with blood. Then I will have abdominal pain constant diarrhea and always bleeding stools. I am also anemic. My normal hemoglobin ranges from 9-11. So... could this be colitis? More hemorrhoids? Crohn's? Anyone gone through something like this? I have now given up all caffeine and alcohol... what to do? Sorry I know that was LONG.

nogutsnoglory

Sorry you have been through so much. Your bleeding can be a number of things but definitely needs to be checked out by a gastroenterologist. Have you had imaging or a colonoscopy?

No nothing yet. I know it sounds ridiculous but I just really don't want to go through anymore testing, sedation or surgery. I mean I AM going to call tomorrow. I have been hoping that this will just go away but it seems to be continuing. Today has been particularly hard. I feel like I can't even go to the store because I don't know when my next movement will be and they can be very urgent.

Hello. You definately need to get it checked out. I can see why your reluctant to go through anymore. 7 times a day is bad but sounds like it got bad quick so maybe they can fix it quick? 7 times is like normal for me. When i was 23 i collapsed at work and woke up in intensive care. I never had much trouble before but i had a bad bad stressful year and everything went wrong at the same time. They gave me a stoma which to be honest as a worst case scenario if things are far gone isn't really that bad atall. They have lots of drugs before any of that anyway depending on severity. It might not be crohns. Have you thought about therapy? I mean after your serious immediate problem is addressed. I come from england mind our health service is free. I dont know what your situation is really. My advice is get it checked out. Can i say from all the things youve been through you sound like your a nice person despite all that and sorry if that sounded patronising

I am typically a pretty peaceful person, however, I have been wondering if the shift of hormones from my recent surgery isn't causing some nerve situations. I have had complete healing over my childhood and typically handle stress well. Going from two... over-active.... ovaries to one sluggish production of hormones could be to blame. I am calling my OB right now to figure out hormone suggestions and a GI recommendation. The GI doc here in my city (an hour and a half from my OBGYN) is booked until may. At this point I am having rectal bleeding even if I just urinate. I am wondering if this is an ulcer. I have never been able to drink OJ or eat grease because it has caused so much stomach cramping. This bleeding is something that seems unusual. I would assume, based on my hemorrhoid history, if it was in fact hemorrhoid based than it would not be lasting this long. I hope it is not crohns. I hope it is something that can be fixed. It did seem to just come on quickly and severely.