• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here, but not new to crohns

Hey all,(or being from philly i should i say YO! :) i was diagnosed last year with crohns. i new something was wrong for some time prior to be being diagnosed. now my symptoms have a name.been coming to this forum for awhile reading about the day to day struggles we go though and pretty much everything else that gos along with this disease and associated conditions.i take my meds and have my good and bad days,i try to educate those around me and myself (some get it some don't) and most of all try to keep my sense of humor about it. take care and god bless

Honey

Staff member
Hi there, and welcome oki,
I am glad the meds are working for you and you are managing to cope with it.. We are all individuals and respond as such to our meds. I could not tolerate some of the meds and became very sick. Eventually, I agreed to Infliximab infusions and am doing well on them. Having said that, I had to cancel last weeks as my strength was down I was very tired! It is like that, variable. Let me know how you are doing? Best wishes.

Hi honey sorry to hear your not feeling well i hope things level out for you soon.i tried 6 mp did not do well on that.taking humira injections, not feeling all that well today myself. haven't been on the injections that long so hopfully it helps in the long run.it does get old feeling tired all the time. hope you feel better soon!

Hi i'm on here for a very close friend who is shy and has Crohns. I'm doing everything i can to be there for her and help i'm hoping being on here will help. She was diagnosed with Crohns last year was taking Imuran. She was in the hospital and almost died from weight loss and loss of appetite. Her hair loss started with the Imuran. She was on it for bout 5 months then onto Humira for the last 8 months. She's stopped because she's desperate to stop losing her hair. Her lashes and eyebrows as well. She is now taking Mezavant hoping the hair loss will eventually slow down and possibly stop. Even growimg back eventually. I hope no one minds that i'm on here for her she's a sweet girl and i need to do what i can to make her smile again. Can anyone help me help her?? Has anyone else experienced these symptoms???