• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here (but not new to Crohns)

Hi, just introducing myself. I'm new to this board, but not new to Crohn's.

I first had bleeding in 1997. Mild-Crohn's showed up in first colonoscopy. Years off diarrhea, bleeding, lots of LOWER pain, etc. But when I had my first pregnancy in 2005, I went into remission for nine years...until now.

Routine blood work showed I was severely anemic, which lead to stool tests. I had positive occult reading. I've been really tired, sleep a lot, different muscle and joint pain, and this time UPPER right pain (used to lower). No meds yet this time around YET...still running all the (not so fun) tests.

Anyone, just saying hello! :)

PsychoJane

I'll say hello :)
Welcome on board. Sorry for the diagnosis but thankfully you should be finding support when you need to vent and answers to most of your questions on this forum!

I hope that you will achieve remission quickly again!

nogutsnoglory

Welcome to the forum. Some of those views may be non-users who just read posts but we are a friendly bunch here don't worry.

Sorry you are out of remission now. When was your last colonoscopy or upper endoscopy? Blood tests are helpful but an imaging test is necessary to see what's really going on to put you on the appropriate meds.

Thanks for the reply...Upper six months ago. Colonoscopy last month. And video capsule today!!!! Severely anemic the past four months.

Waiting on results from the camera pill study I did today...will see doctor in 7 to 10 days. I haven't done many meds in the past...nothing more than Asacol tables and Rowasa suppositories. But since I am anemic this time, we may have to be more aggressive???