• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New Here. But Not New to UC

New member here. Just joined today. Had UC for 17 years. No longer use medication for it. Try to manage it with diet and supplements.

I hope you have a doctor who is monitoring you.
Why do you hope that?

No I don't.

I see them for a colonoscopy and such like.

Or if I have a specific problem, I will see a medical doctor about it, and get it diagnosed.

But I don't have one monitoring my every step, or approving my every decision. And I usually don't tell them what I am doing, or seek their permission to do it.

Doctor said as long as I am improving and feeling good, then keep doing what I am doing - so I am.

Last time I made the mistake of following the doctors advice, he gave me medication that directly caused a five month UC flare.

As a result, nowadays I don't take medication unless I absolutely have no choice in the matter.

I regularly see a naturopath and a herbalist though. They are both highly trained, qualified and experienced individuals who are helping me enormously.

Hopefully I can continue to post here. I don't want medical support. But nice to have emotional support.

Thanks

[QUO hi im new here too how is working with supp and diet ive tried all kinds of meds dr wants me to try humaira
Been in flare now for over a year not fun any suggestions TE=MaryCherub;990907]New member here. Just joined today. Had UC for 17 years. No longer use medication for it. Try to manage it with diet and supplements.[/QUOTE]