• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here,having Crohn's and saying 'hi' to everyone

I'm Bogi (Boglárka, but Bogi is much easier:D).I'm new here, but I was searching for a site like this, were I can make friends, and exchange experiences...So, I'm just happy that I have found this!:dusty::dusty:
Sorry for my language difficulties, I'm doing my best to improve my english!
So, I'm trying to introduce myself:)
I'm 17, and I have Crohn's. I was diagnosed in 2010 after spending a month in the hospital(...). I was pretty ok since that-it was never that serious-, but I had blood again on 2th and 3th of November... so I was in hospital for a week. It was hard, because of the stress: I had a lot of work waiting for me at home, and the morning I was going to the hospital my grandma died, so I wasn't even at her funeral... My perents are always scared more than I am. Anyways, that week was a big change in my life (...)
I got home, and I'm trying my best to live without stress as much as it's possible...I'm trying to survive this corticosteroid - I'm getting inflated and my acnes are coming back :(:depressed: ...I hate feeling this ugly. -.-
I do not know how it is for others, but to me stress is the main cause of my remission. I am always worried, even about absolute stupid things...so, I'm trying to build confidence now, learn and understand a lot of things about the diseases I have.
I adore making contacts,(like friends:) helping others, and so... But foremost, I'm here to get the feeling that I'm not alone with this and that I can help to you too...You can contact me anytime just about anything.-just wanted you to know this.!:)
again:Sorry for my english.!

And thanks for this great site!! :) :congratualtions:

nogutsnoglory

Welcome Bogi! Stress definitely plays a role in our disease symptoms and it does aggravate the condition. Stress doesn't cause IBD but it does play a role.

You are not alone and you will find a very supportive group here. We have a mental health forum http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77 and many list stress as one of the struggles they battle.

I struggle with chronic anxiety as well and I know it isn't good for my health and wellbeing. I haven't found the answer to my problems yet but I find focusing on the present and ignoring the past and future is helpful in letting myself focus. I can only focus on one thing at a time and can't predict the ifs, whats, and whens of the world.