• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here with Crohns.. Yay!

Hi my name is Matt. I am new to this forum, I am here to learn and to talk about Crohns disease. We all have a story so ill Try to keep it short

I am 27 years old and I was diagnosed with Crohns and Arthritis at 12. I have had a surgery for crohns when I was 22. I have tried most medicanes including Humira, methotrxate, 6mp etc. But nothing has helped much. I have been Medicane free for about 3 years now. I experience most of the Crohns symptoms, particularly the stomach pain all the time and aches and pains are the worst of it. I have described my symptoms as manageable and bearable in the past.

Sometimes I wonder how much of the symptoms are from IBS and not the Crohns. My pain is in the lower left corner, Gastro says it should be in the lower right corner..?

Thanks for reading!

Welcome Matt!
(sorry, couldn't resist)
You have entered a warm & informed community.
Everything you wrote, I could have easily wrote.
word dog,
peace
w

ps
I wonder lots of things about CD too!
:D

Welcome to the grounp. I am worried that not being on any medication there might be damage going on your body that you are not aware of. Is your doctor periodic all doing any tests? Ï

Thank you for the warm welcoming Walt! It is nice to be able to relate to somebody within this matter.

Ron You bring up a very good point, it is something I can concerned about. I have a difficult time taking the medication with out proof it is working. Medications have not noticeably reduced symptoms for me. And it is unknown to me whether or not it is Actually reducing inflammation. I have taken medicines with unwanted side effects and I didn't like that, esp because I didn't feel any better. I get a yearly colonoscopy now. a couple years ago they found a precancerous polyp so I get tested for colon cancer every year.
If the medicine reduced my symptoms id take them in a heart beat, but just Hoping they are slowing down the progression of the disease is not enough for me to take them

Thank you for your interest!