• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here

B

boneyboy

Hey there everyone, I'm Dave. I joined a myspace group for crohn's and got an email from the group's starter/admin pointing me here. I can't guarantee that I'm gonna be online a lot here as I'm extremely busy right now (new job interview, possibly new house purchase, women, life, etc) but it seems like a really good e-community here. Gonna do my best to stop by as often as possible, hopefully it'll be a good bit.

I'm 28. I was diagnosed with crohn's at age 9. I'm used to it. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck. I fight it though. I fight it hardcore, and I've come out on top bigtime. I have my probs (bathroom rush anyone??) and I don't expect them to go away. I had surgery at age 16. I just got a tattoo on my stomach with the diag code 555.2 below my belly button. There's two panels of tat on either side of my surgery scar. I decided to embrace the crohn's as well as fight it. It's gonna be a little sick and disturbing when it's all done, but it's a clear representation of the hell that crohn's has put me through over the past 20 years.

So, yeah, there's a brief synopsis. Hope it suffices for now.

Have a good one all, keep up the good fight.

Dave

J

jlbastian

Welcome! That tattoo idea is great, I am also looking into getting one on my scar, but I was thinking more along hte lines of making it less noticeable...haha

Glad you joined!

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

:welcome: Dave

bet the tattoo hurt on scar (ouch) but good idea. Hop to see you posting around the forums ((((((hugs))))))

cookey

Mama Crohnie
Hi Dave, glad you made it here. As you can see way more crohnies and friends here, then on my group on My Space. Like I told you last night...great that your not letting this Disease control your life, and that Tat sounds like a great idea, if I only had the guts..:).
Once again, glad I found you and welcome...stay well Dave.
Hugs Cookey, Deb*

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome Dave. I am glad that Cookey pointed you in the direction of this community, as we are always looking for more people to join us. It seems like you have a great attitude for your condition, and am glad to see that you have been able to live life as you want to. I hope you do find some time to come back though,as we all look forward to seeing more of you.

D

DannyB

Hye Dave

Welcome to the forums and look forward to seeing more of your posts around the site.

V

Valentina

Hi Dave, welcome to the site! sounds like youve got the right attitude anyways! Keep well, and hope to see you around.
Valentina

J

Jonny

Hi Dave welcome to the forums your tatoo sounds cool.All the best in life and ur crohns.

K

Kate

hey dave welcome tot he site you tat sounds cool all the best mate

kate

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL

Dave .. I'm GRANDMA BEAR aka KAREN & so I'd like to take this time to say WELCOME & I am sure that you will find this to be a wonderful place to come so make yourself at home & jump right in & post away !! Take care and See you around soon !!

S

Spongie Sonya

Hi there Dave and welcome to the site.

Great idea for the tat too!

Sonya

L

leah131

Hey There Dave!
Welcome to the group. I'm Leah almost 26 years old. Hope you are doing well. Take Care
Leah

T

tea

hi dave ... and there was me thinkin my butterfly was good! enjoy.

t x

B

boneyboy

Thanks for the hellos everybody, glad i found a new profile that's pretty kickin (at least so far ;))

Uploaded a small pic of my tat on my avatar and profile. If interested in seeing more pics (it's a full stomach piece) just send me a PM and I'll either link you to them or email or something. I'm not sure, I'm exhausted, can't think anymore right now. Sleep time. G'night all :)