• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here

Hello everyone, Long story short, been sick for a year, have had many issues come up, but today found out I have been diagnosed with Crohn's. Sorry probably didn't spell that right. Elevated CPR and IBD, and all kinds of other tests confirmed. So, I got on here because I just wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions of how to live a more say "happy" life with this? I just wanted to hear some suggesitons of things I could maybe do that might lessen the pain, etc. THanks and nice to meet everyone. Glad they have this.

Welcome, angelhj. Sorry to hear about the diagnosis. Have you started any meds yet? You probably know that CD is cyclic in nature and the goal of the meds is to get you to remission. Once the inflammation is controlled you shouldn't have symptoms and be able to carry on normally. It may take some time to find the right meds or combo of meds and get to remission.

My son was dx'ed February of last year and due to the severity of the disease he went straight on remicade. It worked wonders during the loading doses and almost immediately he was relieved of all his symptoms. Once he moved out to the dosing schedules the symptoms would return before he could get to the next infusion. We have had to tweak his schedule, up his dose of Remicade and add an immunosuppressant, MTX. Finally, in the last two months his tests have come back great and he has been feeling great and getting on with life. So it has taken some time and we can only hope that he stays well for a good long while, fingers crossed.

This forum is a great place to open up about how CD is affecting you and find support among others who are familiar with all that comes along with CD, physically, emotionally and mentally.

I hope you reach remission quickly and then long may it continue!

First of all, thank you so much for the kind words. I am happy for you that you found out what your son had and that is sounds like he is doing good now, that is wonderful. I wish you and him all the best. Thank you very much for the information. It was very helpful to me. Knowing I can feel better at some point is good news. I'm happy to know there are medications out there that can help me. After reading your post, I will prepare myself for the fact that it may take some time to find the right meds and amounts and such. Take care, and thank you, and I hope your son continues to do well and feel good. Thank you.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi Angel. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Give yourself time to adjust. There is a lot to take in. Crohns will effect your life at times but it doesn't have to define you. Do what you enjoy. Allow yourself to rest when you need to. Come here and ask questions or vent. We've all been there. Best wishes for a speedy remission.