• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here

Hello. My name is Tom. I'm 23, married with 2 beautiful daughters and currently undiagnosed. I have been having loose stools for 4 years or so and have recently been seeing mucus in it as well. Blood in the mucus only once. My dad and one sister have crohns. I'm going in for a colonoscopy on the 26th and i have to admit i am kind of nervous. Hopefully i haven't waited too long. My extremely stressful career inside the walls of a prison may have to change if stress can cause more flare ups.

Hello Tranktn. Welcome to the forum. I hope your colonoscopy goes very well and you get your results soon. Are they taking biopsies? Please let us know how it goes.

Hello Tranktn. Welcome to the forum. I hope your colonoscopy goes very well and you get your results soon. Are they taking biopsies? Please let us know how it goes.
Will do. I believe they are taking biopsies because it has been so long.

nogutsnoglory

Welcome Tom and sorry to hear that your digestive system is giving you trouble. We have an undiagnosed club here with many others wondering what's wrong http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75

I wish you the best of luck on your colonoscopy. Preparing for them is not fun but you need not worry about the exam. You are out cold and don't feel a thing. I usually wake up and ask when they are doing it only to find out it's over.

You'll all love this. I had called to change it two days after the appointment had been made. The next available appointment was tomorrow (jan 2nd). I got a confirmation call yesterday that lasted all of 18 seconds. I go all day yesterday and all day today and heard nothing more. I immediately sensed something wasn't right. I called tonight after I got off work and expressed my concern because....can anyone guess??

NO PREP INSTRUCTIONS!!!! :ybatty::ymad:
I was told to call tomorrow to reschedule. I will gladly do so...at a different hospital. If they can forget prep instructions, I don't want to risk them forgetting something while I'm sedated too!