• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here

Got diagnosed some months ago with Crohns after having the s.... of a life time so to say. Unbelievable from were a fart can start in your body - up your neck so to say....:stinks:

So here I am on 12 X 200mg Asacol tabs daily - at least the condition is better in periods, and a friend who had same told me he was 'cured' after taking this drug 2 years.....well is it possible to be cured at all?

Greetings to y'all

SX230

scottsma

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to dash your hopes,but there is NO CURE FOR CROHNS.

The best you can hope for is meds that suit your symptoms and a LONG remission.It's not impossible but we are all different,and what works well for some does absolutely nothing for others. I hope you continue to improve though.Best wishes.

dave13

Forum Monitor
Welcome SX230

There is no cure...YET. Perhaps there may be one someday,but not for those of us now.The 'incurable' part can be a heavy weight on our shoulders.It does not mean we can't fight and live our life,though.

You will hear we are all different quite a bit,because it is true.Each person is individual with how CD affects them.It is also true remission is possible,the elusive ring we all reach for.

I suppose it could be called denial...or optimism...I know CD is not curable now,but hope and pray it will be someday.Until then,I'll fight this disease the best I can.

Work with your doctors to form the best plan for you to move forward with,communicate with them. Good luck!