• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here

Hi everyone,

I am a 26 year old female Canadian.

I was diagnosed with illeocolonic Crohn's in October of 2015. When I was originally diagnosed, they classified me as mild Cbron's, about two weeks later they bumped me to moderate, and now theyre classifying my crohns as moderate to severe. Initially I was started on Entocort with no success, I then started prednisone. I flared up pretty badly again at around the 25mg point of prednisone and had to restart my course and slow my wean down. They then added imuran to the mix. I have just finished my prednisone wean. I went in for an ultrasound last Thursday because I was in extreme pain. My GI found that I had deep ulceration and inflammation again in my TI. As a result they bumped up my colonoscopy to this Thursday and will also be starting me on Humira in addition to the Imuran.
I'm definitely nervous about trying the humira. My GI told me that the prednisone didn't do much for me unless it was at a high dose and the imuran isn't strong enough on its own to control my symptoms, which was frustrating to hear because 5 months of prednisone felt like hell.

I've read a lot of positive things about humira from other users, but I still can't help but be worried about it. I feel like in such a short time frame I've already failed on a few drugs and am scared this won't be different.
I thought joining a forum would be beneficial since the people on here have an understanding of how I'm feeling. I have a wonderful dad and very loving boyfriend who try their best to understand and they are very supportive, but sometimes it feels hard for me to express my feelings about my Crohns to them.

Thanks for reading 😊

Ali.