• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here

Hi!
I dont know yet exactly what my story is.I suffer from a few autoimmune deseases.Meniers, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis.

3 weeks ago I started getting pain in my ummm...butt.At first I thought it was just a case of hemmorhoids.
A week passed and the pain got so bad I couldnt sit or walk. Went to gp who listened- didnt examin me at all! Prescribed hemmerhoid cream, suppositories .next day the pain got even worse so went to our medical clinic. Dr there took a look diagnosed fissure. I told him the whole thing felt swollen and painful. Said doesnt see anything only fissure. More creams etc.said should make apointment to proctologist.
Pain got worse and worse.
I managed to get to a proctologist the next afternoon.
Took one look at it and said straight to emegency. No stops along the way.
Abscess close to 6cm in diameter.
Got to er they said best option is operation.
So operation it was that same night.
They drained the abscess and discovered the fistula.places a seton.
I was sent home the next day with antibiotics and instructions about baths etc.
Tomorrow will be a week from the operation.
I was back in the er yesterday because I cant seem to get back to myself.
The pain is still pretty bad. I still cant sit on a chair or walk properly.
The er dr. Did said the erea is still red and sensitive to touch. He ordered a ct scan which came out clear.He thinks it might be the antibiotics that were causing me problems like loss of apetite and wierd bathroom issues.so prescribed different antibiotics and sent me home.
Things havnt changed much....
Pain is still pretty bad.cant sit or walk normaly.

My stoumache is a mess.Anything I eat feels like its gurgling inside me.
My bowels are strange. Sorry if TMI but I realy would like to know if this is normal.
When I say bowels are strange I mean they are sort of like a pigeon poops if that makes sense. A weird black green color that comes out in squirts?
Until now I couldnt make it to the toilet on time. It just runs out of me no matter how much I try to hold it in. Has this happened to anyone here?
I need to get a colonoscopy done before next hospital checkup in a month but cant imagine doing that with how sore I am down there.
I would realy apreciate any advice and experiance I can get from this group.
How long does it normaly take to recover from this operation?
Is it normal for my stoumache to be so upset? I literaly force myself to eat.
And are the strange bowels - not so strange?
Thanks guys for listening!

Welcome. Yes. I have had times when i didnt make it to the bathroom on time and i have had the green poop. I thought I had read that it could mean that food is processing through the system too fast. It took me several weeks to recover after having an abscess drained. I have had the gurgling. Have you tried a food diary to see what foods upset your stomach? Sending you support.

Dont have a food diary but havnt been able to eat much. I eat a plain white bio yogurt with some bran flakes or something in the morning. Rest of the day dont have apetite.some soup.
How long dit it take you to heal after abscess draining?

I think it was at the most a couple of months. Everyone is different. Mine had gone on for three months before they drained it. They only kept me overnight. A week and a half later, it was as bad as at the beginning. They had to drain it again and keep me in the hospital with intravenous drugs. I think that was because the doctor let it go too long.