• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here.

Hi! My name is Teresa and I have suffered from one form of intestinal issue after another since I was young. I was diagnosed with IBD at age 13 and with GERD and proctitis over 10 years ago after an endoscopy and colonoscopy. I was put on omperazole, balsalazide (3x a day) and canasa (for a few months until flare subsided). I have done really well for the majority of that time until a few months ago. I had been on NSAIDs for a few months and this induced a flare of my proctitis (a big thanks to me GP for not realizing this could happen). Currently back on canasa and hoping it passes soon. Found this forum when I was stumbling around looking up symptoms, etc. Glad to be here.

Tony H

welcome to the forum Teresa , Same thing happened to me with NSAIDS , my previous GP did this to me as well and set off a flare that lasted over 6 months ,
some doctors are clueless about the basics of IBD .