• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New member from Ireland

I am in my early 30's. over the last year i have had a lot of stomach an bowel issues, it started with constipation and bloating. I was placed on stool softeners to help with this. my metabolism had slowed down a lot so after having lost weight it all came back on again ( now this is down to my thyroid being out of sync) i have had numerous blood and stool tests all coming back clear and no markers. one stool sample was borderline for Crohn's but doctor wasn't too alarmed by it as tests were clear. Had issues passing blood with stools for a while but cleared up with suppository. I had camera scope done and discovered helicobapter and completed treatment for that but still had a dull cramping tension in lower back that moved about a bit from left to right. i had a colonoscopy done also and came back clear. i was beginning to loose the plot a little but met a consultant who thinks i might have ibs/ chrohn or ceoliac disease. going for endoscopy again tomorrow and a stomach scan to see.
Has anyone had anything similar to this symptoms wise

cmack

Staff member
Welcome Seannie,

I have had similar symptoms when my disease was active. I have unspecified IBD. I would keep trying to get more answers. Good luck with the endoscopy, let us know what you find out.

Best wishes

cmack

Staff member
I had antibiotics for some of my issues and was placed on stool softeners as well. I was given lactulose to prevent constipation, especially when I had to take any opiates for pain. I actually made a food diary to help me figure things out at first. I started with bland foods and only added one new food every week in the beginning. Once I started I just added more and more things that I could tolerate. Eating healthy isn't the whole solution but it seems like it helps me quite a bit. I hope you get things figured out soon, feel free to ask anything you like.