• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New member from Jersey....

Hello everyone

I am also from Jersey, my twin sister was disagnosed a couple of years ago with Crohn's disease and I have just been diagnosed myself. However, her diagnosis could not be found with usual procedures and had to go to England to have another. Mine was, however, diagnosed quite quickly with standard procedures in Jersey. She still struggles with her symptoms and I have different symptoms to her but struggle a lot myself. After suffering for a few years she went through the doctors at the hospital, who tried to say she had a wheat intolerance, lactose intolerance, ibs and even thought she may have just had it in her head she was sick, so she went through a private doctor who sorted her out within a few months. I went straight to the private doctor as I didn't want to go through what she went through at the start. It bothers me that people assume identical twins don't seem to stand a chance if one has it than so can the other but now I can't say anything as I have it now too. I'm glad my sister has someone who can understand now and vica versa but I'm still worried about having it and it effecting my life a bit too much because I see how it effects hers,

Thanks
RemyM

I'm glad you didn't have to wait for a diagnoses. As terrible as it is that you both have this ugly disease, you both know what the other is going through and can support each other. I think it's sometimes harder to support someone when you don't know first hand what they're going through.

Best of luck to you and your sister.

I'm glad you didn't have to wait for a diagnoses. As terrible as it is that you both have this ugly disease, you both know what the other is going through and can support each other. I think it's sometimes harder to support someone when you don't know first hand what they're going through.

Thank you

Thank you, I am so so glad she has someone. She spent a long while going through something that none of us could understand. Her symptoms are becoming very bad though and she's having to go on different medication now.